By India Visa
How US (United States of America) Passport Holders Can Get India E-visa?
Globalization is increasing day by day. Nowadays people are not just confined to their countries. They are shifting and exploring other options as well to get a better, quality life. Some people shift to different countries in search of better jobs or due to higher studies. The reason may be any but leaving one own country and shifting to another is not so simple. A lot of formalities are involved which need to be fulfilled. There are many legalities involved when we are shifting to another country or even when we are paying a small visit to the other country.
When we are shifting or going to visit another country, the first thing that one needs is a visa. Technology has made our lives simpler and faster. Now one does not have to pay multiple visits to the embassy to get the visa. Especially during this time when pandemic has hit the world, everything is shifting to an online platform. Nowadays people are being promoted to use the e-visa portal for any queries or while applying for the same.
The process is quick and within no time you will get the visa. The steps for applying for a visa are as follows:
- Visit our website for visa application.
- Upload the passport size photo
- Upload the photo of your passport
- Fill the application form.
- Pay e-visa fees online. This can be done using a debit card/credit card/ payment wallet.
- After the above formalities are done, one will receive an ETA online. It stands for Electronic Travel Authorization. It will be sent to you via email.
- Once ETA is received, you can fly to India.
Keep in mind that you will need a printed ETA and it has to be presented at Immigration Check Post when you reach India. The e-visa will be stamped on the passport. However one should pay attention that this is a tourist Visa that will be issued. It has a timeline after which it gets expired. The following things should be kept in mind:
- The passport of the applicant should have at least six months validity from the date of arrival in India.
- The passport should have at least two blank pages for stamping by the Immigration Officer on arrival.
- If the new visa has been issued, entry into India will be allowed on a new passport even if the e-Visa has been granted on the old passport.
- International travelers should have the return ticket as well.
- The bank balance should be sufficient during the stay in India
- E-Visa is not available to individuals endorsed on Parent’s/Spouse’s Passport
All these things should be kept in mind while arriving in India. The USA citizens easily get a tourist visa for visiting the country. If one wants to visit India in the near future, one should have all the genuine documents. After the application is approved and one gets an ETA, you can travel anytime to the country.